Monday, June 09, 2008

My 28th Birthday - whoopeee....

My birthday just came and went *snaps finger* just like that. And now, it's over and I'm officially 2 years away from hitting the big THREE ZERO.
.
Life.Is.So.Damn.Unfair.
.
.
I mean, let's rewind back to two years ago.
My birthday was a whirlwind of partying, boozing and puking into big pots - where I ended up being carried back by 3 men - FattyHubby, Patrick and my dad >_<
Yes, MY dad...
.
.
More than 30 friends and family members celebrated the event with me and we had a blast of a time! What with freeflow of whisky and DJ spinning retro music and all.
.
Then, one year back.
My group of closest friends threw me a surprise birthday party and we had a good dinner, a great time catching up and also, non-stop booze.
.
.
Then this year.
It was so bleak I thought it was a funeral instead of a birthday.
.
Yes, so I'm married.
And yes, so I'm about 7 months pregnant.
But that doesn't mean I still can't have fun right.
.
WRONG!
.
I can't!
.
.
Not because my husband is boring....trust me, he definitely isn't.
Not because my friends are not happening anymore....they still are.
BUT it's because I get tired soooo easily!
.
Which really sucks, you know.
.
FattyHubby took the day off last Friday to spend my birthday with me since I was on leave as well. He had the whole day planned out for us.
.
.
Lunch, followed by a whole afternoon of shopping, and then ending the day by bringing me up to Genting for my favourite Durian Tempura.
.
Oh, we started off the day according to plan....
We went to Bonton for a nice, cozy lunch.....had the most delicious pie-tee in the world, a huge bowl of Sarawak Laksa, yummy pulut 'tong-sui' for dessert and a slice of absolutely lip-smacking blueberry cheesecake compliments from the chef.
.
.
And then when the husband wanted to bring me shopping, instead of jumping at the opportunity (after all, how often does a husband offer to take a wife shopping), I decided to get tired and sleepy and insisted on going home so that I can nap. DUH!
.
And napped I did!
From 3pm all the way to 8pm...so dinner in Genting for my favourite Durian Tempura was out the window as well.
And it wasn't because FattyHubby didn't try waking me up, he did. I just refused to.
So, we ended up in Pyramid at 9.15pm for a quick Korean dinner.
.
.
See......
All because I was tired!!!
.
And I get tired ALL THE TIME!!!
.
After work, I'm sleeping till 9pm before I wake up for dinner.
And then, I'm alseep again.
On weekends, I'm awake at 12pm...and then by 3pm, I have to sleep again.
And tiredness just hits me when I least expect it.
It just comes, slaps me in the head, and my eyes are closing....be it whether I'm driving, or sitting on the toilet bowl, or eating....whatever.
.
SO, that was how I spent my birthday.
SLEEPING!
.
Happy Birthday to me!

1 comment:

Kit said...

Oh .. Happy belated birthday to the pretty sexy new mummy!

Those experienced adviced me to sleep as much as I could before the little one comes and yes, proves that they are right. At least you can sleep now and things change after 2 months. You may not able to sleep much for the first couples of months but the good news is you will have your good caring obedient faithful husband to take care of the little one over the midnight so that you can rest. *grin*

From,
Kit