Thursday, July 10, 2008

It's always like that...hmph!

Fine. I admit. I've ran out of things to blog about. Plus. I've become extremely lazy. And there's nothing that attracts me more now. Other than the BED. In the cold air-conditioned room.
.
So there. My excuse for the lack of blogs lately.
.
But then again. This is MY blogsite. And it's up to me when I want to post something.
.
PLUS...
.
I'm pregnant. Like 8 months. And. I. AIN'T. NOT. LIKING. IT.
.
C'mon. It's so unfair!
I don't understand why it's women that have to suffer from period cramps every month and the men don't have to go through anything. And why it's women that have to go through pregnancy's horrible symptoms (like yours truly here) and the men don't have to. And why is it that even through pregnancy, it's women that have to suffer from backaches, pelvic aches, stretch marks, frequent urination - DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY TIMES I HAVE TO GO PEE IN AN HOUR??? IT'S NOT ONLY TIRING WALKING AROUND WITH A ONE TONNE BOWLING BALL IN YOUR TUMMY, BUT HAVING TO WALK TO THE TOILET LIKE A FREAKING MILLION TIMES IN ONE HOUR WITH THE BOWLING BALL STUCK TO YOUR TUMMY AND HAVING STREAKS OF PAIN SLICE THROUGH YOUR LOWER BACK AND PELVIC IS NOT FUN LORR!!! - and having to go through the pain of labour when the men don't need to go through any single thing at all? And why is it that after the baby is born, it's the women that have to suffer from sleepless nights and cracked nipples and engorged breasts when nothing happens to the men?
.
So unfair!
.
I WISH the men would suffer at least a little bit with their women so that they can learn to appreciate their women a little more.
.
Sighs.....
.
But you know what I think?
I think the reason why I'm in such a foul mood now even with the weekend so close is BECAUSE the weekend is close.
And I especially detest THIS weekend because, as most of you would know by now and if you don't, you're more clueless than I am, it's the RAINFOREST FESTIVAL weekend in Kuching!!!!
.
AAAARRRGGGGGHHH!!!!!
.
And I'm missing it. Again.
.
Already bad enough that I missed last year's cause I was so busy preparing for the wedding. And I promised myself to make it for this year's one. But no. I decided to get pregnant instead. Of all things. I decided to subject myself to the woes of pregnancy.
.
So while the whole world is partying away to the sounds of rainforest festival, I'll be partying to the sounds of FattyHubby's snores and little unborn Renee's kicks and hiccups.
.
Digress a bit yah.
.
Talking about hiccups, Renee has been hiccup-ing a lot lately. Like close to 3 times a day. And I don't know if that's normal. Could it be because I've been drinking so much Coke that the gas are all going to her that's causing her to hiccup uncontrollably?
.
So please, mothers out there, if you know why....do share.
.
Okay. Undigress.
.
Since we're on the subject of babies, let's talk about 3rd party inteference.
.
LEAVE US ALONE TO LOOK AFTER THE BABY OUR WAY!!!!
.
How are we ever going to gain experience by ourselves if you keep harping on the 'right' way to look after a baby??? What IS the 'right' way anyways? Just because it worked for you does not mean it will work for us. So, how is that the 'right' way?
.
And when you say 'right' way, you are referring to when you had a child which was AGES ago. Things have changed now. Technology have advanced. We don't do things the way you used to anymore.
.
Let's take for example. You say that a baby should not be put in an infant car seat when he/she is only a few days old. You say that the baby should be carried in the mother's arms while traveling.
.
But I say no. I say that it's safer for the baby to be placed in an infant car seat whenever we travel than to be carried in the mother's arms. Doctors say so. Books write so. The amount of horror stories I hear about what happens to babies who are carried in the mother's arms instead of placed in car seats while traveling is enough to tell me what is right and what is wrong.
.
So. What IS the 'right' way?
During your era got infant car seats meh? Of course don't have lah. So of course you say carry the baby is safer lah.
But think for a while can. Why did they even invent infant car seats IF carrying the baby is much safer? Invent for what then? To simply waste money issit? People so free meh nowadays?
.
Obviously a lot of R&D were put behind the invention of car seats and it was concluded that car seats are a safer mode of tavelling for babies lah.
.
So the same goes for your napkins vs diapers.
Old method of sterilizing bottles vs bottle sterilizers.
Sleeping on bed with mother vs sleeping in cot.
Baby cots vs playpens.
Sarongs vs nightgowns.
Bottle feeding vs breast feeding.
You vs Me.
.
So. Please. I appreciate all your advices. And you are free to give them to me. But DON'T and NEVER EXPECT me to listen to them if I feel that I can handle things MY own way.
.
That's all I ask.
Stop interfering.

3 comments:

blubbieMs said...

well, i totally agree with you about how to care for our own child our way instead or their way. Advise can always be taken in but not necessary we follow them rite? As for me, I opt for i
nfant seat because its safe, and tow, our hands dont get tired cradling them.
Diapers -easy and convenient.
Bottle sterillizer -I trust technology
Sleeping in bed with mother , I cant say much coz my son sleeps with me since he turned 2 months old. Breastfeeding him during night feed is so much more easier.
Playpens, they don't really need it until they know how to do their tummy time actually -5 to 6 months old onwards..
Bottlefeeding and breastfeeding, its up to the individual actually but what I would recommend, express out your milk and feed him thru bottle so he wont get addicted to the boobies and totally ignore the bottle.
My son would not even touch bottles anymore and it does make life difficult in away when we are outside. *wink*

TwoHands said...

most def infant car seats. somemore now got the side pad pad thingys, can make sure the baby's head doesn't loll left and right.

the thing is, you seem like a well-read mom-to-be, you did all those research. follow whatever ur motherly instinct/logic tells you right. don't bother lah, all those sarm-ku-luk-por just want to pok-pek-pok-pek.

i had a lot of those pok-peks when i just had Jon. i still get it occasionally, even though Jon's turning one soon.

do get this book, "Asian Parenting Today", by those Jenlia midwives, Jennifer and all. It's a good book.

oh yeah, new mothers do tend to get quite paranoid over the smallest things. DON'T LET ANYONE TELL YOU THAT YOU'RE CRAZY OR OVER-DRAMATIC! If you have to go to the doctor every other day for however small the issue, GO. btw, giving Jenlia's Jennifer calls helped me out a lot. put her on your speedial.

cheerio

Mabel said...

Totally agree!

Infant/child seats are way safer, diapers are easier to wash (why the hell should I use nappies and hang them outside on my balcony?) and dry, bottle sterilizers are efficient and quick not to mention easy to use and breastfeeding is the bomb!

*sigh*

Sometimes I wish my mum would just update herself. T.T