Monday, June 01, 2009

A new category?

Surprise surprise, I'm actually contemplating if I should start a new category here - The Starter Chef! I know, I know, you can close that mouth of yours now, thank you. And yes, I AM cooking and have been doing so for the pass month since we moved in here.
.
3 months ago, I blogged about having to boil porridge for Renee and not knowing how to go about it and I didn't even understand what Renee's pediactrician was talking about when she said 'bubur'.
.
Now, 3 months later, I'm whipping up carrots, tomatoes and anchovies congee, carrots, broccoli and chicken congee, fish and spinach congee, and this week, I'm even making pork congee!
.
That's not it. Not only am I cooking for Renee, I actually prepare dinner 3 times a week for FattyHubby and me! *applause!* Now how about that!
.
The first week, I made baked chicken drumstick with potatoes, carrots and chinese mushroom in herbs, and fried rice with long beans, chicken and fish cake the day after.
.
The second week, I made black pepper steak with baked potato spuds and a bowl of buttered, slightly salted sauteed cauliflower, baby carrots and baby corn on a Monday, baked chicken in onion sauce and ommelette on Wednesday and fried mee hoon and curry chicken on Friday.
.
The third week, it was vietnamese beef noodles!
.
I know it may only be simple dishes to you out there who are already ironchefs in your own ways, but for me, this is an ACCOMPLISHMENT! I mean, I couldn't even fry an egg before I moved out here. I'm so proud of myself and watching FattyHubby enjoy my cooking is (sometimes) so much better than getting an orgasm. Honest!
.
Unfortunately, I have not taken a single picture of anything that I've made so there's nothing I can post up to show you, which leads us right back to the reason of this blog - should I or should I not, start a new category?
.
Hmmm....
.
Why, I think I shall *grins*

1 comment:

TwoHands said...

very proud of you for braving and mastering you new culinary venture.

lucky, lucky sen keong and renee :)