Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Our little get-away

Fatty and I left KL at 6.30am and took a slow, relaxing drive to Lumut using the coastal road.
It was a little bumpier compared to the highway but there were much much more things to see rather than just a long, dull road going on endlessly in front of you.
We even made it on time to catch the 11am ferry from Lumut Jetty to Pangkor Island Beach Resort's private jetty.
By 12.30pm, we were very much in our own world on PIBR already and seriously, it was a beautiful place.
Pangkor Island Beach Resort is absolutely GORGEOUS!
It's even more beautiful seeing it with your own eyes than looking through pictures.
.
It was so gorgeous that Fatty and I decided to burst our own budget for the month and extended another night.
And we did absolutely nothing but lay down by the beach, a bottle of Jack to share between us and the clear blue sea lapping gently away at our feets.
I could not have asked for anything better.
One funny thing though, I think Fatty and I were like the ONLY Asians in the whole resort (and the resort is damn big ya). Everywhere we looked, we saw blondes, brunettes, red heads, white heads, bald ones too and these heads were all attached to ang-moh's bodies.
.
Seriously! Not another Asian in sight.
There was just one other Korean couple with their 2 children, but other than that, I felt like as if I was in a totally foreign country.
Even the resort staff were not allowed to speak in Malay to us cause they kept answering us in English no matter how hard we tried getting them to talk to us in BM.
Apparently, according to the cab driver who brought us for dinner on our 2nd night, the resort staff were trained NOT to speak to anyone in Malay.
.
That's just SO WRONG!
.
Yeah, I know you want to make the gwai-los feel at home, but what about the locals?
You forgot about us???
.
So, yeah, somehow, everything in PIBR land was foreign. The people. The bright bright sun. Even the moon was big and round throughout the 3 nights we were there.
Eating in the resort was extremely pricy too, but because PIBR is located away from town and has it's own secluded area, we really had no other choice but to dine in at the resort.
But we did get a chance to go out to town for dinner on our second night there.
.
And omg, seafood is damn freaking cheap in Pangkor!
.
We had fish, and sotong and meat and lots of other dishes and everything just came to slightly below RM50 for the whole meal!
If I lived in Pangkor, I would have turned into a fat bitch a looooong time ago.
.
Fatty and I spent a majority of our time by the beach and it's amazing what the ocean can surprise you with.
There were millions and millions of tiny sand crabs running all over the sand and from far, they really looked like ants scurrying around.
.
And then, as we walked along the beach, we could see so many giant size jellyfish washed up on shore and couldn't get back into the water.
Apparently, these jellyfishes are not poisonous (or so they say) but Fatty "thinks" he got stung. 10 minutes later, he was prancing around the beach again, saving sea-cucumbers.
And while he did that, I was just watching him from my deck chair, my glass of Jack in one hand, and telling myself, "Oh gawd, that's the man I'm gonna marry".
.
But then again, I love him...sea-cucumber savior and all.
On our last morning, while we were having breakfast on the Terrace, there was a huge commotion down on the beach and so, being the typical Malaysian ke-pohs, Fatty and I gulped down our drinks and went down to see what it was.
.
And boy, did we see it.
It may not look big here, but it was fucking HUGE!
.
I wonder how much these fisherman would make me pay if I released it back out to see. Hahahaha!
.
And then, before I knew it, it was time to pack and catch the ferry back to Lumut.
.
I'm gonna miss Pangkor soooo much.
We did make a stop in Kuala Selangor for lunch-cum-dinner at about 5.30pm though.
There were so many seafood restaurants for us to choose from and we didn't know which one to pick so we chose the one with the most customers.
.
Wrong choice.
.
The food was okay, edible, but I think we could have chosen a better one.
Oh well, there's always next time.
Oh yeah, and we saw this cute little doggie waiting for his owner to finish dinner before getting back to him. He's soooo adorable!
But now, I'm back and I wished I was back in Pangkor.
Then at least I wouldn't have dislocated my shoulder and I wouldn't have to be blogging from home now.

4 comments:

Jane said...

I ALSO WANT!!!
Btw, how much you spent for the whole trip? eee..the cucumber was really gross and the beach looks awesome..i need a tan too..sighhh..

Kristy Geraldine said...

RM1,500 ONLY on accomodations (not including food and transportation yah).

Jane said...

CRAP

Naddy said...

wahhh with that amount can go Bali already ehehhe