Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Pretty Little Nose

I love children.
Always had.
Always will.
.
I love having children around me, laughing and playing.
Just as long as I don't have to pick up after them.
Or clean up their mess.
.
I guess I'll never be able to tahan having my own kids then.
.
This afternoon, Pearlz and I dropped by at MamaYen's place for lunch.
And we met 2 year old Areeya and her one year old brother, Isaac for the first time.
.
And they're both absolutely adorable!
.
Isaac walks around with this perpetual frown embedded upon his little brows, while looking at us with sharp, small eyes.
.
I think he thinks adults are all idiots.
For baby-talking him all the time.
.
Areeya (or Ar-ya, as she calls herself) was down with a really bad flu and she was sniffing away.
But she was still cute nonetheless and managed to sweep my heart away.
.
"What did you have for lunch?"
(Her own language) "Piglet"
"Huh? Piglet?" Femme and Pearlz.
"Nooooo....(in the these-adults-are-so-dumb kindda tone)...Peeeeget!!"
Pearlz and I looked at each other. Confused. "Piglet?"
"Noooooo.....PEEEEEEEGET!!!!"
"Biscuit lah!" MamaYen
"Oh".
.
.
"So, Areeya, what's my name again"
She stares at me blankly while trying to remember what this cuckoo aunty's name is.
"What's Aunty's name?"
She still stares blankly at me.
And I'm begining to feel like an idiot.
"I'm Aunty what?" I tried once more, pointing at my nose.
Areeya breaks into a bright smile as realization dawns upon her pretty little face.
"AUNTY NOSE!!!"

No comments: