Monday, January 08, 2007

This is me

I thought I could handle it.
I seriously thought I could go through with the whole thing.
And not let it bother me.
I gave myself enough faith and was confident I could pull through.
Without so much as bringing myself down to any level.
Without so much as having hatred in my heart.
.
But I FAILED!
.
I couldn't handle it.
I couldn't go through with the whole thing.
It bothered me.
I disappointed myself.
And hatred just grew and grew and grew.
.
I'm sorry if I disappointed you.
I'm sorry if I let you down.
But YOU disappointed me too.
And YOU let me down too.
.
Why did you have to say what you did?
Why couldn't you just let me say what I want? Nobody heard me. I was harming no one.
Knowing already how I feel, you should have just let me be.
Why did you have to defend?. And I didn't like it. Not one bit. And this will forever be embedded into my heart.
.
I'm sorry.
I'm sorry for blogging this.
But this is the only way I know you'll understand.
This is the only way I know you'll know.
.
There's something living inside me. It lives in my mind, my head, my heart. It haunts my very being and there's nothing I can do about it. It's just eating me alive.
.
I was born with this monster inside me. And with this monster I'll take to my death.
Because this is me. This is who I am.
.
I can't change me. I can't change who I am. And YOU can't expect me to change.
This is how I am and this is how I will always be.
I have tried and you KNOW I've tried, to make myself a better me, to improve this monster inside me, to have more faith in everything that I have, everything that has been given to me.
.
But sometimes, there's only so much I can take.
And what happened last night went way beyond what I can take.
And you know what you did.
.
And that disappointed me real bad.
And it's got me thinking.
.
But I forgive you.
And I hope you will not repeat what you did.
.
And I pray that you will learn to understand me better.
Understand who I am. Understand HOW I am.
.
This is me.

No comments: