Tuesday, April 03, 2007

IF IT SHOULD BE

If it should be that I grow weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep
Then you must do what must be done
For this, the last battle, can't be won.
.
You, will be sad, I understand
Don't let your grief then stay your hand
For this day, more than the rest
Your love and friendship stand the test.
.
We've had so many happy years
What is to come can hold no fears
You would not want me to suffer so
When the time comes, please let me go.
.
Take me where my needs they'll tend
Only, stay with me to the end
And hold me firm and speak to me
Until my eyes no longer see.
.
I know in time you and I will see
It is a kindness you do to me
Although my tail it's last has waved
From pain and suffering I have been saved.
.
Don't grieve if it should be you
Who has to decide this thing to do
We've been so close - we two these years
Don't let your heart hold any tears.
.
_________________________________________
Taken from a sympathy card sent to us from my CuzRoy.
In memory of Purdita Ho, April 1999 - March 2007.

1 comment:

mishy mashy said...

so sorry to hear woman....*hugs*