Monday, August 07, 2006

Unique presents

It has been a slow day for me. Usually, Mondays just whizzes by but today, I don't know why but the clock seem to stopped ticking and the hours just passed by frame by frame. It's really quite annoying because I look at my watch right, and it says 3.35pm and then I go back to facing the laptop and trying to get that proposal done and when I look at my watch again, it says 3.37pm. How can 2 minutes (yes, ONLY 2 minutes) pass by when I was working so hard trying to finish up that proposal. Takkan I finish so much in just 2 minutes, kan? It's absolutely not logic!
And of course, it didn't help with the fact that the boyfriend was sick at home, down with high fever and he gets freaking 2 days sick leaves. I mean, wtf?! Two days sick leave for fever???
Of course I'm not saying that the boyfriend doesn't deserve to have that 2 days off. He's sick, dammit...of course he deserves to have two days off. You have been working yourself like a dog, haven't you, darling? So go get that rest.
I'm just thinking, it's so easy to get sick leaves these days, it's not funny. And of course, SK and I always made it a point to see each another like every other day whether it's for dinner ke, lunch ke, just to cuddle ke, whatever....so knowing that I won't be seeing him today made my day drag on a little longer because I had nothing to look forward to after work (except for the haircut that I went for which, by the way, made me look a little too young for my liking).
Of course some commented that I could always go over to visit him but what for? The sick needs to rest kan? Isn't that why they were given sick leaves in the first place for? So why should I defy the doctor's wishes and go interrupt his rest. Besides, I have better things to do then to go breathe the same air of a sick person *shrugs* What?
But not everyone thinks so. My sister dearest called me MEAN, can you believe that.

Aren't you going to visit SK tonight?

No.

Why not?

He did ask me lah, am I going to see him or not. Then I just said no lah. After that silence. Hahahaha! Then he said why not? So I replied lah, said dowan to get infected too.

You are sooooo mean!

What mean?

You're his girlfriend. It's your responsibility to be there with him (gasps!) When you were sick, he was by your side all the time


That's not my problem. I didn't hold a knife to his throat and make him do that. It was his choice.

Pardon me, but is it really a 'girlfriend's' responsibility to be by her boyfriend's side when he's sick in bed? A lot of people would probably be nodding their heads but I beg to differ. We are, after all, living in the 21st century. And it is definitely not anyone's duty to be by the side of the sick person but the sick person himself!
If he's irresponsible enough to allow himself to fall sick then he can jolly well be there to nurse himself to health.
Ok ok. Before any of you start forming an impression of me being a heartless (yes, even mummy called me heartless when I told her I won't be going over to see SK *ouch!*), emotionless, b*tch, I have to dig in my heels and shout out to the world that I AM indeed NOT a heartless, emotionless b*itch.
In fact, I am proud to tell the world that I love my boyfriend to bits (there honey, a public declaration of my feelings for you. Aren't you proud?), and that I would do anything, anything at all to keep from hurting him BUT I will NOT spoil him.
For goodness sake, the poor boy is down with high fever and it's so serious that the doctor decided to give him a freaking 2 days MC! He doesn't need me to be there PHYSICALLY to help make him feel better. The last thing he needs if for me to be there breathing down his neck and pressuring him to take his meds and stuff. As long as he knows that I'm there for him and that I'm staying away from him so that he can get more rest is enough, ain't it? And he knows. So there!

**********

So, it being such a slow day and all kan, it suddenly hit me that the boyfriend's 28th birthday is just around the corner (August 29th, to be in fact) and I still haven't got the faintest idea what to get him.

So in my mind, I start rewinding lah.
  • Watch (last Christmas) - check
  • Handphone (last birthday) - check
  • Tie (no reason) - check
  • T-shirt (no reason) - check
  • Accessories (no reason) - check


So where does that leave me?


And then I start thinking back on all the presents I received throughout my years of existence, and I must say that I did receive some really unique ones.


Of course there's the I-dont-know-what-to-buy-so-lets-walk-into-Bodyshop-and-get-one-of-'em-ready-packed-ones BodyShop packs, and then the usual tank tops / tubes / spagetti straps / togas / etc. (which I appreciate a lot because I wear these all the time), and of course we have the useless items eg. photoframes, mugs, scarves, socks, decorations, yada yada yada.


But I have to admit, that this year's award goes to something I received for my birthday from a certain someone.





Apparently, it's suppose to look like me. I guess maybe he sent this picture of me in and got them to mold a doll to look like me outta it.

Well HELLO! Knock knock! It's SUPPOSE to look like me. NOT make me look like a freaking man! Oh yes, of course there are the similarities of the yellow flower on the right ear, the same flip of the hair above my left eye....but my nose is definitely NOT thaaaaat big and I have a slimmer jaw line.

Are you blind or something??!! If you don't know how to do your job properly, then go tutup kedai, okay! Instead of cheating people out of their moneyfor something sooooooo imperfect!

So, anyways, any ideas what to get theboyfriend for his birthday?

2 comments:

jasmin said...

i'll be keeping an eye out for comments on this entry... i'm wondering too what to get boyfriends... such a chore. cannot just give him a wad of money and get him to go shop for his own present ah?

jasmin

Kristy Geraldine said...

To cavin: Aiyah...Curve also got, Mid Valley also got. I got tht as my bday pressie though so dont know how much it cost.