Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Happy Birthday

First thing first....
.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DARLING!
.
I know I complained like hell - being the bitch I am, when you surprised me on my birthday. And I know I shed too many bucket of tears over the presents you got for me. And I feel totally shitty about it. I just want you to know that it was all appreciated. I know I didn't show it then, but I truly appreciated every single thing you did for me. It was the effort you put into planning it out that I loved. Sorry the weather didn't help you though.
.
Who was I to bitch about it anyways, when here it is, your birthday, and I don't even have a present for you. Empty handed. And no, just out from a surgery is not an excuse either.
IOU one BIG time.
.
*********
.
Merdeka is just around the corner. Our very own country turning 50. We should be soooo proud. Look at all that we have managed to achieve over the pass 50 years.
.
Our OWN brand of vehicles.
.
Our OWN international super-model, Amber.
.
Even our OWN Princess Diana's fairy-tale wedding in the form of Siti (though I cannot guarantee if it will end the same as well)
.
*********
.
You know, I used to HATE this country. When I was younger, I usually spent my time hiding in the shadows of my room, phsyching myself into leaving the country for greener pastures. I hated the weather, I hated the people, I just hated everything about the country. Ironically, I loved Dr. M though. Funny.
.
But here I am, at 26, still living in the same house, still breathing the same air from the country I once planned to flee. And I am happy.
.
Somehow, while growing up, I terjatuh CINTA.
.
....with Balik Pulau's incredibly yummy Assam Laksa
....with Cherating's not so clear but still clearer than longkang water hungry ocean
....with Melaka's delicious satay celup
....with the Nangka-special juice in Stulang, JB
....with them HUGE-ASS coconuts of KK
....with Mumbo Jumbo @ Velvet
....with my funny, funny colleagues at the dumb-ass company I happen to be working for
....with Petaling Street's so-spicy-till-your tongue-goes-numb Portuguese Grilled fish
....with Seremban's siew bao though I've never actually been there
....with Sarawak's famous Kuching Laksa and Kolo mee
....with the clear, clear waters and sandy white beaches of Pulau Redang
....with the fishes who loved to nibble your toes in Lang Tengah
....with the non-existent sunrise in PD
....with a very special Penang boy
....with a crazy Klang girl and a whacky Seremban chick
.
So yeah, that's how I discovered I LOVE Malaysia so much and I would rather die than to give all of the above up.
.
So mari kita kibarkan Jalur Gemilang dan merayakan Hari Jadi negara kesayangan kami bersama-sama!

No comments: