Monday, September 11, 2006

Shiny Pearlz

Everybody, meet Pearlz.

She's one of my buddies, my work-mate, my laughing partner, my pedicure kaki, my advisor @ work, my entertainer (to help me pass time at work), my partner in crime, my bully victim - all in all, she's one of my favourite biatches and I love her to pieces!


Of course, there are the times when I so feel like cekik-ing her because she can be so absolutely mean to me, but then again, if I do kill her, I'd have nothing to look forward to when I got to work.


Like the time when she fucking tempted me with Maggie Mee Curry! Knowing very well that I have to stay away from anything spicy thanks to that operation I had to go through a couple of weeks ago, she still popped open that cup of noodles, poured hot boiling water over it and tempted me with the absolutely, yummy-licious, aroma of powdered maggie mee curry, wafting so very smoothly straight into my nostrils - which were of course, buldging with every sniff.
.
Sluuuurrrrrrp!

She even had the audacity to lean over to show it to me, thus bringing the smell closer to my nose. I was surprised my nose just didn't drop straight into the cup and inhaled the whole thing in. Ok, erm....that's disgusting.
.
Pearlz is happily married and have a two year old daughter, Tasha.

I have many friends who are happily married with children and dogs and fishes and houses but somehow, the relationship between Pearlz and Pat is very different and it stands out among all my other married friends.

They have been married for 4 and a half years and yet, when they are together, they look like as if they have just started dating for 2 weeks.

Sitting from right across her at work, I can hear her mobile ringing all the time with that annoying ring tone of hers too. I think anyone at work would have recognised the ringtone to be Pat's personal tone by now. Even the guy with ONE ear can tell. Pat sms-es her like a thousand times a day, and, of course, vice-versa.

SK and I call each another a thousand times a day as well, but that's because we haven't been married for 4 and a half years! Hell, we're not even married!

A relationship like what Pat and Pearly have is very very hard to come by. Sad to say, these days, most relationships do not last that long. And even if they do, the couple is probably together because they have been together that long and they've become too lazy to go search for somebody else.

In other words, they've been coccooned into their comfort zone.

I would love to have a relationship like they do, but sadly, I do not know what will become of SK and I after 4 years of marriage and a two year old kid.

We could be spending more time making more kids.

We might have killed each another by then.

Or, we might not even last that long.

But I would love working the relationship towards making more kids - or at least the process of making more kids *winks*

No comments: