Thursday, October 04, 2007

New fear

Everyone has their fears.
I wrote about mine *here*
.
Now I think I have a new fear.
My MOTHER.
.
Her: You're not pregnant, are you???!!!
Me: Me? Why would you say that?
Her: Cos your msn says '4 days and counting'
Me: Well, it could mean anything.
Her: I'm your mother!
Me: Look, if I were, you'd be the first to know.
Her: If you are, I'd be a grandma in 7 months!!!
.
and....I'n ONLY 4 days late.
.
Aniston: So, 4 days late, huh
Me: Yeah, but I'm not worried - yet
Aniston: Let me see, when was your last period
I gave her the date.
Aniston: Ooh, your baby will be due June 9th! Few days after your birthday!
Me: Great! Another Gemini!
.
This is just how much the world has changed.
I bet if we were still in the 20th century, my mother would have forced me to go for an abortion, whether I'm pregnant or not. She wouldn't be jumping for joy and counting down the months to the day she becomes one generation older.
.
And I'm NOT even pregnant!!!
.
And I wouldn't have been so opened about telling the world that I'm 4 days late, or whatever.
.
But then again, it could be because I'm already gonna get married anyways, and it's only 2 months to go before the wedding, so what difference does it make whether I'm preggers now or later. It's gonna happen sooner or later anyways.
.
But then, if either Jojo or Sarah comes back and say, "Mom, my period is late 1/2 day", I think my mum would hit the roof and disown them. *Shrugs*. I don't know.
.
All I know is that I'm 4 days late and there's nothing I can do about it.
*Sigh*....oh the joys of life.

No comments: