Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Snapping out

You know what. I just realised that the pass few blogs were all about the wedding. It's like as if I have nothing else to blog about. It's like as if my mind is all about the wedding and nothing else. Well, I guess my mind IS all about the wedding these days.
.
I'm always looking through my guest list to make sure that I've given out all my cards. Either that or I'm debating with Fatty about something that has to do with the wedding. I'm helping Fatty count and put aside finances for this and that. Even when I call my friends, it's about the wedding, whether or not they are coming, are they bringing a partner, and yes, please give me angpows! Even when with the family, it's all about the wedding.
.
I'm so busy planning out the wedding program, making sure that there's nothing missing from anywhere. Is there gonna be enough alcohol? Should we buy more? What if more people turned up at the dinner than we expected? How many reserved tables should we have? Will my make-up be okay? Will we get back enough to cover our expenses?
.
I never thought planning for a wedding could be so difficult and frustrating. Doesn't the hotel handle everything for us anyway? And church is just a simple ceremony right?
.
But I guess each wedding is unique in it's own way and each couple would want to make their day as special as can be. Therefore all the headaches put into planning the whole thing and trying to make it so wonderful that all friends and family will have fun and remember it for always.
.
I've been so busy fussing about everything about the wedding, just to ensure that everyone will enjoy themselves, that I actually forgot about my own happiness. Till BlossomMich knocked some sense into me.
.
"Woman, I've never seen such a depressed and easily agitated bride-to-be as you are. It's your wedding. You're suppose to be excited about the planning and looking forward to it. Not bitching and stressing about every single thing.
.
So what if your mama invited the flower lady? Let your dad settle it. Some things are out of your control, girl. Just be happy that you have people coming for your wedding. And leave all the running around to us. That's why you have us for. To HELP you! You know, by being so depressed about your wedding everytime we talk to you, it's starting to rub off on us too and it's not healthy!
.
Some of us might not even have the chance to be happily married, you know. And you do! And your family are being soooo supportive! So please, snap out of it!"
.
And well, that kindda opened up my eyes and made me realise that I have been amazingly depressed lately about every single thing on the wedding and this is not the right way to work at it.
.
So, I'm going to really try to lighten up and look at the whole thing in a different angle and perhaps, I'll be a much happier person.

No comments: