Monday, October 22, 2007

Some bad and some good

So stress until can die.
So many things to arrange for and only 4 weekends to go.
Wish we had more time.
.
Called PrettyInWhite to find out if my designer is back from her maternity leave.
Not until Nov 1st, was the reply.
And I have yet to see both pairs of the shoes they're making for me. And my evening gown. The one and only time I did see it was like 2 and a half months back, and when it was still full off pink round head pins holding it together. I've not even gone my the actual fitting. This is just the evening gown. I haven't even started with the bridal gown.
.
.
We also finally got the wedding bands.
Had to go around the world to look for the rings. The whole incident was just so miserable. Fatty and I fought so much because of it. But I'm not about to go into details about it here. Fatty gets very sensitive sometimes.
.
But all's well now. We managed to find the - well, not exactly perfect - ring, and paid the deposit for it too. We still have to wait a good 3 months for the custom-made rings to be ready for collection. And again, I'm not about to reveal how much the rings cost us because I might just cry. But here's a little hint.
.
.
But no, stressing about the ring and the gown and shoes are considered absolutely nothing, if compared to stressing about the guest list. OMG!!!!
.
THE GUEST LIST!!!
Someone please kill me now.
.
Scenario 1: To woman and husband.
Woman RSVPs back for herself and husband plus 2 kids and 2 maids!!!!
.
Scenario 2: To aunty.
Aunty RSVPs back for herself, her 3 sons, 3 daughter-in-laws, 2 grandchildren and 1 maid!!!!
.
And here I am, slashing down on number of guests and tables as much as I can and these people aren't helping a bit lorr!
.
Can so die right???!!!
.
I mean, where can like that wan?
Invitation to you and hubby, then bring only you and hubby lah.
Invitation to you alone, fine, understandable if you want to bring someone with you, but to bring your entire family! Plus maids!!! I'm surprised you didn't RSVP your dog, your 10 goldfishes AND your neigbour's servants too!!!
.
You think what?
So many tables to house your whole kampung arr. Next time you get married, I'm going to bring my dog's children and my 10 bodyguards as well. Ya lah, I need bodyguards arr. Cannot arr.
.
*Sigh*
Dunno lah. I'm just so mad that people don't know how to use their brains these days. Simple things like that also try to understand a bit lah.
.
I mean, if I had ample tables to give away, fine, you can bring anyone you want to. But I've only got a limited amount of table and the invitation was only to you. Not that difficult to figure out right.
.
See lah, when I do my final round of calls to everyone for their RSVPs, sure mati wan.
.
Anyways, onto happier things.
.
Fatty and I have decided to go to Greece for the honeymoon.
.
.
It's such a lovely place, with all year round Mediteranean weather, so nice for honeymoon kan.
.
.
And I can go visit the temple of Zeus....where my ex-husband, Hercules, was born!!! Soooo nice!
.

1 comment:

Naddy said...

i went to a wedding a few mths ago and ive seen ppl bringing young kids and maid! aiyohh so unappropriate kan