Sunday, October 29, 2006

Bittersweet chocolates & such

Mother Nature is playing an extremely NASTY trick on me! And this is not the first time she's doing this to me. She's been playing this trick on me so many many times, and yet, time and time again, I've been falling into the same trap and getting myself all vulnerable and confused.
.
Eeesh, and I thought people are suppose to learn from their mistakes.
.
It's funny really. She's been feeding me with really interesting looking chocolates - chocolates that comes in different shapes and sizes and they all look soooo yummy!
.
But there is always something wrong with it.
.
These chocolates she gives me, they all taste really good and sweet BUT only with the first bite. Then the blardy things start getting more bitter and bitter at the second and third bites. And it's all the same.
.
It gets to such a state of bitterness that I can't go on anymore and so, I have no choice but to spit it out and throw the remains away.
.
The current chocolate that I now have is begining to turn bitter. I can feel it at the tip of my tongue already, ready to engulf my whole sense of taste and to leave a thick layer of disgusting, gooey, bitterness as an aftertaste.
.
Should I continue eating or do I throw it away now?
But what if the next chocolate I pick up turns bitter as well? And the one after and the one after and the one after?
Should I give up on this chocolate now?
.
I've been trying to improve on it's taste. Adding sugar. I've been adding so much sugar, I might die from diabetes one day. The bitterness isn't as strong as before anymore, but it's still there. Do I have to keep adding sugar all the time to keep the bitterness at bay?
.
I might run out of sugar one day.
.
But I'm stubborn. And this is one chocolate I want to eat till the very end. Bitter or not. But how long can I hold on for before it turns really bitter?
.
Or will it surprise me and turn sweet in the end?

No comments: