Saturday, October 07, 2006

One more chance for Laundry

So, I heard that they spin really good retro music on Friday nights.
.
So, I heard that it's 'the most' happening place to be right now.
.
So, I heard the crowd's really good-looking but you have to be 18 (or at least look like one) to be seen there.
.
And so, I decided to go check it out.

And boy was I disappointed BIG TIME.
.
Rubs, good things you didn't join me there.
.
The DJ could not spin for nuts.
.
There certainly were NO retro music booming from the speakers because I definitely did not hear any.
.
Instead, it was weird sounds like as if the DJ didn't know how to use the damn mixer. I couldn't even move to the beat and you guys know how I can dance to just about anything.
.
The crowd - oh gawd - don't even let me go there. Most of them were still babies! All young teenage girls and boys trying to look older than what they really are.

And ONE bottle of Jack's would have set me back about RM400. Yes, it was thaaaat pricy. And for a place like Laundry. It just don't cut right.

But, I have not given up on this place yet. Obviously, this place is 'the most' happening place at the moment for a reason, and I'm gonna find out why.

Perhaps I dropped by at the wrong time and everything was just going wrong.

So, I will make an appearance there one more time just to see if this place is really 'the most' happening place to be.

But in the mean time, while I recover from last night's nightmare, I'd rather take a drive up the hills for more Durian Tempura.

3 comments:

joycewong said...

"The crowd - oh gawd - don't even let me go there. Most of them were still babies! All young teenage girls and boys trying to look older than what they really are."

Ah so true, i love it on weeknights after working hours. not so crowded. mostly ppl our age

found your blog woman! ;)

saw the bunny rabbit and thought "eh... looks familiar!"

SLACKER said...

woah.. that bad ar? i thought u said the DJ there came highly recommended? i was just about to ask you whether u wanna check it out this weekend... need to find a serious 80s place la... speaking of which.. i've been playing 'a little respect' by erasure 24 7 in the last few days.. don't know why but i'm hooked to that song!!!

Kristy Geraldine said...

joyce: how in the world did you find my blog among all the other blogs out there? hahaha....you amaze me!

ruben: so happens that DJ spins only when he wants to and he wasn't there that night. *sigh*...guess we only have mumbo.